ehowton: (Default)

Made plans for a date Wednesday. Drove up the day before. Found a nice hotel in Manhattan. As I was leaving, I got a text confirming my hotel in Pratt. Panicked, I followed all the links to cancel that reservation...then I noticed the contact email. It wasn't mine. It was Dorian's. The next day they even called me to confirm. I was like, "Look, that's not my reservation, it's my ex-wife's."

"Can you contact her and ask her to..."

"Absolutely not."

I get settled in the hotel in Manhattan and as it turns out my date also has tonight free :D So we meet up and visit for several hours before we go our separate ways. I cannot believe how good I slept in the hotel bed. Awoke to a message that she wasn't that into me and cancelled the entire day.

So that sucked.

I instead worked a full day and left afterward. Setting my route in the GPS I noticed it was hour longer on the drive home than the drive there. They'd closed the interstate (wreck I assume) and the detour was an extra hour. I took a chance and drove the interstate route when it said, "Hey! You wanna modify your route to save an hour?" No brainer. So a slightly different way back before it dumped me back on the interstate.

Then the sun went down.

And it started raining.

And I was on a fresh blacktop with no stripes.

And it was foggy.

I'm home now.

October 2026

S M T W T F S
     123
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 1617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Most Popular Tags

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags