ehowton: (Captain Hammer)

Describe What You Have Lost

  • As a result of your primary loss, what else did you lose?

  • My future. Or so it feels. We had gleefully discussed the details of our shared future together and that which we wished to create, so when she withdrew, so did those plans. Without a future on which to focus, I felt set adrift. My place in the world was abruptly upended. Worse perhaps, I lost my sense of self when she expressed shock that I believed the contents of those conversations were to actually occur; that I had misunderstood her intent.

  • What emotional experiences have you lost?

  • The joy of unmitigated trust, which is a big one. Self-confidence is another. I noticed my normally abundant lifestyle switched to scarcity and my attachment style has seemingly been downgraded from secure to anxious.

  • How would getting any of these things back feel?

  • Suspicious. Undeserving. I'm unsure I would immediately trust them. I thought I was an exceptional communicator and could discern intent fairly well. This has caused me to question everything.




◾ Tags:

October 2026

S M T W T F S
     123
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 1617
18192021222324
25262728293031

Most Popular Tags

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags