ehowton: (Default)

Earlier this year I was helping out Cass' kids on several projects and she called to thank me for doing so. "No worries," I said, "It's my job."

"No, it's not." she replied.

Ouch, but she was right of course. Those kids are not my responsibility, so I told her, "I'm sorry - it was the job for which I had applied; the job I wanted."

I had submitted my resume, attached several letters of recommendation, formatted an absolutely gorgeous cover letter, and was summarily rejected for the position.



◾ Tags:
Date/Time: 2026-08-17 20:03 (UTC)Posted by: [personal profile] ubet_cha
ubet_cha: (Default)
It can be tricky walk along a mental high wire. She was right its not your job. Even years later I am inclined to want to look out for my ex-girlfriend's kids. You're being a good man by lending aid, establishing a new way of thinking isn't easy though. Its not really a wall, more of a buffer to prevent the creation of new problems.

August 2026

S M T W T F S
       1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
91011 12 13 14 15
1617 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 272829
3031     

Page Summary

Most Popular Tags

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags