I'm not a developer. So I usually run the "1-click" download and install tools, which more often than not - don't. So I'm always jacking with them. I've been working on this one all day long. AI-Toolkit. In order to create my own Illustrious LoRAs (anime subset of SDXL). And its a royal pain in my ass. I've tried two different 1-click install versions (Stability Matrix & Pinokio) as well as the installer on GitHub. All three of them failed in different places for different reasons and troubleshooting three different issues was leading me in circles so I just chose one. Essentially, a cuda library it expects doesn't get installed with cuda - at least not a version it can use. As a unix sysadmin I'm no stranger to version dependency, but at least in unix version dependency makes logical sense. One thing all the installers did have in common is each of them automatically download versions they can't use which have to be adjusted manually - which is insane. So far, I've been able to narrow it down that the pytorch AI-Toolkit utilizes requires a cuda version which is incompatible with a library the AI-Toolkit bitsandbytes requires. At least to me that makes zero logical sense. I have poured through forums and the like and I guess most people are just...I dunno, installing and running it just fine.
\